Personalized Galveston fishing charters in the bay and offshore with full time fishing guide Captain Chris Jamail.
Hook Set Charters was founded in 1995 by Captain Chris Jamail from his true love of fishing and
his wish to share this enthusiasm with other people.
Captain Chris has been licensed by the United States Coast Guard since 1995. Hook Set Charters
offers personalized, one-on-one bay and offshore Galveston fishing charters.
He will customize your charter to meet your
expectations. He recommends and is sponsored by some of fishing's finest -
Norton Lures and G. Loomis Rods.
Captain Chris Jamail works hard for you. He wants you to come away from
your Galveston fishing trip with a memory to last a lifetime. He has established many
close friendships with people who were once first-time customers and is happy
to provide references upon request.
Captain Chris pilots
a 25-foot Boston Whaler that
has plenty of room and provides a smooth ride, even offshore.
Rates: $550 for 1-4 people for a full day
charter (6am to 3:30pm); $450 for a half-day charter. There is an
additional fuel charge for offshore trips. Rates
include all rods, reels, bait/tackle, ice, and fish preparation.
Call for information on corporate and package rates.
Call: Captain Chris Jamail at 409-737-4377 (office)
or 832-860-5577 (cell) for rates and reservations. Or send an
Types of Trips: Galveston fishing can be done in many ways, including:
- Wading - Galveston fishing does not always require a boat, the best fishing
is sometimes right near shore. Captain Chris will take you to the best spots.
- Drifting - The Galveston Bay area is loaded with shell, coves, and little
out of the way spots that provide great fishing.
- Offshore - This is where the really big fish are, including sharks and tarpon.
Types of Fish: Captain Chris fishes Galveston for the best,
- Speckled Trout - Puts up a good fight and is great on the dinner table
- Flounder - A bottom fish that also makes for good eating
- Redfish - The red drum fish in Galveston can be big and put up a great fight
- Shark - Many varieties available and ranging in size from small to huge
- Tarpon - The ultimate offshore sport fish in the Galveston area; nothing
matches the excitement of reeling in a big tarpon